Video guide: Advanced Search on OpenSponsorship: A Step-By-Step Guide to Finding the Perfect Athlete for Your Brand
A breakdown of the video guide to Searching for Athletes on OpenSponsorship
With an array of talented athletes available for sponsorships, narrowing down the right fit for your brand can be challenging. OpenSponsorship offers advanced search filters that make this process more intuitive and precise. If you're a brand looking to partner with an athlete, this step-by-step guide will help you navigate the platform effectively.
1. Logging In
- Head to Opensponsorship.com.
- If you’re new, click on 'sign up' and create a brand account for free. If you’re an existing user, log in with your credentials.
2. Navigating to the Search Panel
- Once logged in, you'll be directed to your dashboard.
- On the left panel, click on 'Search.'
3. Using the Search Bar
- At the top of the search page, you'll find a bar where you can type any sport, athlete name, or keyword.
- For quick searches, simply type your desired keyword (e.g., "NBA") and results associated with that keyword will appear.
4. Reset Filters
- If you’ve previously set any filters or if you want to start fresh, click on 'reset filters.'
5. Setting Advanced Filters for Precise Results The example in the video assumes the following scenario: you’re a brand selling surfboards and surf apparel and want an athlete from California.
- Click on 'advanced filters.'
- Navigate to 'sport' and type in "surf."
- Select "surfing" from the dropdown.
- In the location filter, type and select "California" to ensure the athlete is based there.
c) Social Footprint
- Ensure the athlete has a significant social presence by setting a minimum follower count. For instance, set it to 10,000 followers.
d) Follower Demographics
- Click on 'age' and select the desired age ranges. In our example, we'll pick 18-24 and 25-34.
- To ensure the majority of the athlete's followers are from California, type in "California" under the location demographics.
6. Applying Filters and Viewing Results
- After setting all desired filters, click on the 'filter' button.
- Browse through the results. For our example, 24 athletes fit the criteria.
7. Analyzing Athlete Profiles
- Dive deep into an athlete's profile to understand their reach and demographic.
- As an example, we looked at Blair, a surfer with 1.5 million followers. It's essential to note the percentage of their audience that fits within your brand's target demographic and location.
8. Favoriting Athletes
- If an athlete catches your eye, click on the heart icon on the top right of their profile to favorite them. This makes it easier to revisit their profile later.
Conclusion With OpenSponsorship's advanced search, you can seamlessly find athletes that align with your brand's vision and target audience. As always, if you need assistance or have queries, reach out to the OpenSponsorship team or drop a comment below. Happy searching!